We are looking for an Economy / Systems Designer who takes responsibility for designing and identifying opportunities to grow and expand our games. As a crucial member of our passionate Game team, you will become a cornerstone in ensuring fun, engaging and scalable gameplay. You will lead and help your colleagues create and maintain a healthy game economy that ensures that millions of happy players have a long-lasting and fun experience, while further improving the game’s monetisation and other KPIs.
As Game Designer you are expected to have familiarity with at least three of the major domains of Design (including combat, content, level, narrative, systems, and technical), and can highlight demonstrated successes shepherding features from first idea to release. Finally, we expected to be an avid gamer, familiar with top trends and titles in the industry, passionate about F2P, and interested in the potential of NFT and blockchain to enhance gameplay experiences for our players.
About the role
- Design and implement game features and economy models that deliver on the creative vision established by the Product Owner.
- Write and maintain clear, concise design documentation, including responsibility for UI mockups, art requests and baseline technical documentation.
- Leverage your data-driven mindset to improve the gameplay, economy, events, and core metrics.
- Collaborate closely with LiveOps, Game Analysts, Customer Care, and Data Scientists to assess trends in the game economy and control its levers (which will be installed and maintained by you)
- Accurately estimate tasks, anticipate challenges and implement solutions to produce quality gameplay experiences through all stages of production.
- Serve as an expert on at least two Design domains, including system design, combat design, content design, narrative design and technical implementation.
- Communicate effectively and clearly within and across teams, and to the game community as necessary.
- Stay aware of new trends in the web3 game market. Reverse engineer solutions from competitive titles and learn from them.
- Willingness to accommodate multiple responsibilities and to adapt to a rapidly changing creative environment
Who are you?
- Demonstrable experience working within at least three (3) Design domains: combat, content, level, narrative, systems or technical
- Ideally, you at least have 2+ years of relevant economy design and live-ops experience in designing, maintaining, developing and/or publishing a game product through key phases of its life cycle
- You have set up and iterated on a game economy to support expanded feature sets and live ops events
- You see economical dynamics as a natural part of the User Experience. You assess and understand these dynamics and use this knowledge to improve various KPIs
- You love data (SQL skills are a plus, but not required!)
- You dream of spreadsheets and are able to use them in very versatile ways (eg. as balancing tools, monitoring tools, LiveOps tools and much more)
- You are an excellent communicator (in English). You can visualise and present ideas in a clear and comprehensive way using a variety of tools
- You are constantly trying to improve your skills and are willing to accept and provide constructive criticism.
- You keep a cool head and can easily adjust to changing situations and modify existing processes
- You are an excellent team player, who fits into our multinational team of highly-motivated professionals
- At least one (1) demonstrable success in resolving challenges blocking development in a cross-disciplinary setting.
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with design principles and expectations for RPG Strategy Hero Collectors, Economy Simulations or Sports Games.
- For this position, professional experience with Unity on a released title is desired.